At a time when our lives continue to be impacted by economic, societal, and political factors, libraries play a pivotal role in preserving the public’s fundamental right to access information, services, and resources that support our personal growth and wellness.
New Initiatives, Programs, and Services:
The library has developed a variety of in-person and digital offerings that enabled patrons to access more of the resources and activities they depend on for their personal enrichment and well-being.
- Expanded Hours – As of January 2, 2024, the library will open at 9:00am Monday – Friday to better serve the public.
- The Giving Corner – A free community resource with a small food pantry, coats/jackets and warm weather accessories, and personal hygiene supplies; all items are available to the public as needed. The Giving Corner is located near the main entrance for ease of access.
- New Programs – The library is offering a wider variety of programs and activities, including Ballet classes for youth and adults, an interactive dinner theater-style mystery, KY Chautauqua performances and opportunities for field trips during Summer Reading.
- Expanded Outreach Services – We are continuing to find ways to take the library to the people! Partnering with organizations in the community that allow us to provide programming and engagement with their clients is rewarding and meaningful.
- Bookmobile Glow Up – Our Bookmobile is getting a makeover! Keep your eyes open for it around the county with new graphics after mid-January.
- New Website – A modern, dynamic website will be launching soon! Event registration, room bookings, and access to more databases and information will be included. Our target launch date is February 2024.
- Loretto Branch – Last but definitely not least…we are so proud to be opening a branch location in the Loretto Community/Senior Center. A long time coming, the library is so excited to partner with Beautify Loretto and the City of Loretto to bring books, services, and programs to the Loretto community. Stay tuned for information about our grand opening!
Planning for the Future
Like all things, the library can always improve. In 2024, the library will begin a new chapter of strategic planning. As we develop our strategic plan for the next 5 years, we thought it would be imperative for us to gather feedback from patrons and community members on the types of programs and services they need and want at our libraries. If you are interested in serving on the community panel, please complete the form by clicking the link below.
Our work and dedication to you won’t stop in the new year. Please visit us in person or online and if you have the time, check out a new book in person or through Libby. We look forward to opening more doors of possibility and change with you in 2024 and beyond.
From our hearts to yours, we wish you a safe, prosperous, and happy New Year!
(The preceding has been a press release from MCPL)